Dell Technologies announced that it is bringing its new XPS 13 and XPS 15 premium consumer laptops to India. Redesigned to achieve a superior computing experience with premium materials, a smaller and thinner profile, and a larger display, the new XPS range offers the latest technology innovations in aggressive form factors. The new XPS 13 delivers a 34 cm (13.4 inch) display in a 28 cm (11 inch) form factor, making it a most desirable center of work and entertainment for users who value screen space. The redesigned XPS 15 is the smallest 39.6 cm (15.6 inch) performance laptop1 for creators offering an immersive audiovisual experience.
For customers that value maximum screen space, XPS is delivering its latest engineering feat — virtually borderless InfinityEdge display, leading the way for even smaller form factor than their predecessors. With a larger 16:10 display ratio, the new XPS 13 and XPS 15 offer more screen space to multitask throughout the day and catch all the details of the latest binge-worthy show. Paired with best-in-class visual features including 100% sRGB color gamut reproduction in the XPS 13 and up to 100% Adobe RGB in XPS 15, 500-nits of brightness, and up to 4K+ resolution screen, these displays provide precise detail and sharp images well suited for content creation.
When it comes to powering content creation, the XPS 15 is recognized as the smallest 39.6 cm (15.6-inch) performance class laptop1. With the latest 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics, with up to 21-hour battery life2, creative enthusiasts can easily edit photos for Instagram, render 4K videos or create original sounds their choice DAW. Additionally, XPS configurations that show the Creator Edition badge have been carefully selected to provide a smooth experience for hobbyists. To provide a holistic experience to its users, XPS 15 further enhances the experience with up-firing speakers featuring Waves Nx® technology for a 3D surround sound experience previously possible only with high-end headphones.
On a planet with almost 8 billion people, every action we take makes an impact. Dell has set a goal of using 100% sustainable packaging by 2030, made from recycled or renewable material. We have eliminated foam and single-use plastic bags with the new XPS family, getting us step closer to that Moonshot Goal. You can toss the entire XPS box in the recycling bin without thinking twice since it contains recycled ocean-bound plastics, locally recycled plastic, sustainable materials and recycled corrugate.
Commenting on the launch, Raj Kumar Rishi, Vice President & Managing Director for Consumer & Small Businesses, Dell Technologies India, said, “The XPS experience was long awaited and we are delighted to bring the new range to our consumers in India. For discerning users who appreciate the perfect balance of conscious design and performance in their computer, the new XPS range is your go-to devices to choose from”.
Anand Subramanya, Director, Product Marketing, Consumer and Small Business, Dell Technologies India, said, “Immersive displays, life like sound experiences, authentic premium build and ease of mobility defines the new XPS range. Today, the PC plays a central role as we reimagine the way we work, learn or play, and customers want to use technology which truly adds value. On the XPS 13, the new elevated design offers an essential customer touchpoint, with 9% larger keycaps and a 17% larger trackpad for more comfortable use in a smaller form factor. The XPS 15, offers the highest screen to body ratio (92.9%) in an 8% thinner design, striking a balance between power & portability”.
Key features of XPS 13 (9300)
- Dell’s first-ever four-sided InfinityEdge display – Optimized 34 cm (13.4 inch) laptop design in a 28 cm (11 inch) formfactor with stunning new 4-sided InfinityEdge display. This enables a 2% smaller form factor than before, with a 6.8% larger 16:10 display, designed to make you more productive with an incredible 91.5% screen-to-body ratio.
- Immersive, best-in-class display – The 4K UHD+ VESA certified DisplayHDR™ 400 panel enables over 16 million colors, so you see more of what you see in real life with 500- nits and 100% sRGB colour gamut. Also, with 0.65% anti-reflective coating you get less glare when working outside or in bright light.
- Long battery life for those on the go – The XPS 13 delivers up to 18 hours 49 minutes3 of runtime on an FHD+ configuration when using productivity applications like Word or Excel. Up to 10 hours, 16 minutes on UHD+4
- Stunningly small, masterfully designed – Authentic premium materials like machined aluminum, carbon fiber, woven glass fiber and hardened Corning® Gorilla® Glass are selected to enhance performance and provide incredible durability while keeping it lightweight.
- New premium packaging design – While all Dell packaging is sustainable, the new design was focused on customer feedback to increase the ease of recyclability by eliminating foam and single use packaging. The gift box wrap, document folder, and accessory divider materials are made from sustainably sourced materials. More recyclable than before, this packaging qualifies for EPEAT Silver Certification.
- The XPS 13 (9300) comes in two color variants – Platinum Silver with Black Carbon Fiber palm rest and Frost with arctic white woven glass fiber palm rest
Key features of XPS 15 (9500)
- Smallest 39.6 cm (15.6 inch) performance class laptop1 with 4-sided Infinity Edge display – Redefined InfinityEdge display enables top camera placement with the best in class screen to body ratio at 92.9% (a 10% improvement,) with a larger 16:10 display5
- Best-in-class display for vibrant visuals – 4K Ultra HD+ stunning high resolution for pinpoint accuracy with 100% Adobe RGB and 94% DCIP 3 color gamut offering 500-nits brightness. One also gets a Dolby Vision certified ultra-vivid picture quality.
- Immersive sound experience – Up-firing quad-speaker design with built in Waves Nx® 3D audio gives the users an immersive 3D sound experience, while top mounted mics improve video conferencing experience.
- Powerful performance to fuel creation – 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors, upto NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics for desktop caliber creativity on-the-go packed with staggering performance, helping in editing and sharing 4K photos and videos
- Precision cut from finest premium materials – Using authentic materials, the XPS 15 is precision cut from CNC machined aluminum and aerospace-inspired carbon fiber in durable, lightweight design. It is crafted from a single piece of machined aluminum, making it lightweight, yet strong and durable for users on the move
- The XPS 15 (9500) is available in Platinum Silver with Black Carbon Fiber palm rest
Eyesafe® Technology – The XPS 13 and 15 now come with the Eyesafe® display technology that reduces harmful blue light and maintains vivid color. It’s the first panel that intelligently manages light energy at the source – selectively reducing harmful blue light and dispersing it across the light spectrum.
Pricing and availability
- The XPS 13 starts at INR 144,807 including GST, available from 8th July
- The XPS 15 starts at INR 186,072 including GST, available from 8th July
The new XPS portfolio will be available for purchase on Amazon India and at select Dell Exclusive Stores. Dell Technologies (NYSE:DELL) helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play. The company provides customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era.