Anxiety has become a part of today’s life! Anxiety disorder is one of the most common mental illnesses effecting at the least one in every five people. The disorder is highly treatable, yet only about 36.9% of those suffering receive treatment. A person who is suffering anxiety could also also suffer with depression. Nearly half of those diagnosed with depression are also diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.
Simple terms to explain Anxiety and depression –
Anxiety and Depression are quite mysterious illness. It feels like being trapped in an invisible cage which keeps you as a prisoner on your soft bed, unable to move due to the fear of the unknown or non-identifiable.
- Physical pain like stomach cramps, pounding heart.
- Ability to perform or cope at work
- Negativity taking the in charge of your behavior
- Feeling distressed
- Not able to enjoy life
Sometimes worrying creep up on a person gradually, making it hard to know how much worrying is too much.
Some common symptoms are like:
- Struggle to breath
- A mind filled with thoughts
- A constant need to check on things
- Hot flushes
Some emotional symptoms of depression are like:
- Persistent feeling of sadness, anxiety or emptiness
- Irritability, anger
- Feeling helpless, guilty
- Suicidal thoughts