The grand interior design exhibition held at Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath has concluded. The exhibition was focused on the theme Sync with nature and brought forward numerous designs and concepts that reinvigorates the sustainable lifestyle. The event was inaugurated on the special occasion of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The four day long event received a huge number of footfalls due to its unique and eccentric design concepts presented by the creative minds. The young and fresh talent belonged to the prestigious design school JD Institute of Fashion Technology Bangalore. The institute is focused on the study of design and has multiple new-age courses that help the generation in honing their creative skills and make a career out of it.
The field of interior design is one such dynamic domain that in the past years has evolved drastically. The designers are no more just on the quest to propose new concepts but are providing design solutions. The domain no longer talks about beautiful interior spaces but promotes sustainable lifestyle by inculcating little things in the design or ideology that make a huge impact.
During the exhibition, the aspiring interior designers presented various concepts. They showcased their designs and impactfully raised awareness about saving nature. The concepts that received huge applause were the exploration of biophilic design into the library space along with the thought of introducing it in residential as well as commercial spaces, curating dog-shelter with sustainable materials, creating gaming table that increases the efficiency of the gamers, using coconut coir for soundproofing and thermal insulation to name a few.
In the exhibit, the future interior designers also used the latest technology to display their design aesthetics. Many designers used VR Technology to give an immersive experience to the visitors. The VR experience also was entertaining and gave a glimpse of the future to the people.
On the concluding day, i.e., 18th August, 2022 the aspiring interior designers also received accolades from JD Design Awards. The list of category and the winners is here:
- Best Thesis of the year- The Noise by Akash K K and Kalon Custom Studio by Saloni Jain
- Best Project of the Year- Borrowed Earth by Faraz Mashood N P, Dame Daryll Paswett and Pragna S Kumar
- Mentor’s Choice Award for the Best Methodology- KAIZEN- Change For Better by Vathsalya S, Mohammed Siddique and Syed Ayaz Maliki, Rasoi Ghar by Minal Jain, and Sweven by Vidhi A Jain
- Special Jury Award- Calmtopia by Shubanka Sridhar, Ridhi Jain and M Harshitha, Sugati by Harsh Bhansali, A Cafe by Aanshu Vikram Parmaar, The Talking books by Aayushi Sarin and 3BHK Residential by Pavan Yadav J
- Best Concept of the Year Award- Hover Hyperion- H Cloud by Arun Yashwanth K V, Vishal Makkad and Vaibhav A and The Neutral Knot by Karthik N
- Best Sustainable Design Solution Award- Conjure by Dinesh M
- Most Innovative Design Solution Award- A Modern Office by Neha P Jain
- Best Virtual Experience Award- PAWS- Dog Shelter by Ayeshabanu Shabir Mussa and The Forest Affair by Ruder D
- Best Execution Award- Trukan’s Transformable food stall by Nishant Bucha, Keerthana A and Archana Budihal and A Resto-Bar by Asha Khatun