The JD Design Awards 2022 Bangalore chapter brought us a dose of fresh talent who presented their creativity utilizing the grand platform. The revered award show took place in two slots in the city where the first show began at 1 PM IST and exhibited the collections of 27 different designer groups.
The designers hailed from JD Institute of Fashion Technology Bangalore and JD School of Design. Both the institutes predominantly work in the design, art and media domain, giving the young creative minds a space where they can hone their talent and create a space in the ever-growing design industry.
As the show concluded, there was a break of several hours. During the break hour, the designers who were going to present their collection during the show prepared and helped their models to get into the final garments. The show two of the event began at 7PM IST and has an overall 26 designers group.
This year’s theme of JD Design Awards was Sync and all the aspiring designers worked on the same line bringing forth new concepts and ideas to the table. In the second show, many designers took inspiration from nature and its elements while many went ahead with taking ideas from the Metaverse.
Each of the collections presented were breath-taking and made the audience go in awe. The platform of JDDA also accoladed the designers who put up unique and eccentric designs that made them stand out in the crowd. The award winning designs along with their category are here:
- Special Jury Award- Remember House Sparrow by Anjali T M and Snata Choudhury
- Best Innovative Collection Award- Ikigai by ShanmugaPriya, Nimmi Elsa Alex, Anjum Banu and Pretty Mary Thomas
- Best Innovative Collection Award- Resurrection by Athira Anandan, Trivedi Supraja and Anaswara S Mohan
- Best Pret Wear Award- Men’s Category- Ahimsa by Barbie Dutta, Hrithik Kumar and Saagar J
- Jury Choice Award- Suyodh: A Forgotten Army by Vinitha K, Nausheen Kazi and Deepa S
- Most Inclusive and Ethical Design Collection- Sarva Ayur by Suma Sudesh
- Outstanding Design Award- Visual Lies by Srishti ShreeKrishna, Sonia Jain and Koina Nath
- Best Critic Award- Solace by Swetha
- Special Jury Award- Spirit of the Earth by Roshni R, Jyotika Kanu Baniya
- Innovative Pret Wear- Kairosclerosis by Sunayani Tarafdar and Samiha Mariam
- Best Metaverse Design- Metakine by Shruthika S J and Priyadarshini R
- Best Green Design Award- Veganism is not a Diet by Chetna Kothari and Shalini K
- Best Design Collection- Retaverse by Gaurav Jain and Brunda M V
- Best Design Collection Award- Unsettle by Shravya S and Bharath Kumar N V
The JD Design Awards 2022 is one of a kind that gives the budding designers a platform to showcase their design sensibility. It challenges them to think out of box and present exclusive ideas that resonate with the theme and help them grow into a responsible designer. The platform also gives the necessary exposure to design aspirants to enter into the industry with the right approach