The mango season is here. The juicy king of fruits is already available in abundance. Celebrate this season of mangoes and try these recipes from Khandani Rajdhani, as they brings out the most-loved annual festival – Aamlicious. This season of mangoes, try these recipes by Maharaj Jodharam Choudhary, Corporate Chef: Khandani Rajdhani in the comfort of your home.
- Ripe mangoes 1 kilogram
- Saffron (kesar) 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar, powdered 1 cup
- Milk, chilled 2 1/2 cups
Peel the mangoes and roughly cut them into cubes. Put the cubes in a mixer jar. Add powdered sugar, milk and saffron and blend till smooth. Pour into individual bowls, chill and serve.
- 2 Raw mangoes
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp Saffron strands
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Wash the mangoes and cut into chunks.
- Mix mango chunks and sugar.
- Boil till the mangoes turn soft.
- Blend it well.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron.
- Boil it.
- Keep it for cooling.
- Serve chilled.
KHATTA MEETHA SAMOSA
For the pastry
- 2 cups maida
- ¼ cup Ghee
- Salt to taste
For the filling
- ¼ cup bikaneri sev
- 1 tsp dry coconut
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped cashew
- 1 tbsp raisins
- ½ tsp haldi
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup boiled potatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped raw mango
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- ½ tsp sugar
- Oil for frying
- Mix Maida, salt and ghee in a large bowl. Knead the mixture into soft dough by adding little warm water. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 30- 45 minutes
- For the mixture – in a pan add little oil. Add the cumin seeds. Once the seeds crackle add the fennel seeds and coriander seeds. Roast for few minutes. Add the cashew and raisins and cook again for 1-2 minutes. Add the onion, salt and allow It to cook. Add the dry coconut, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, grated raw mango, potatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the crushed ghatiya, chopped coriander, sugar and pinch of salt. Mix the mixture and keep aside
- Take the dough and divide into equal portion ball. Roll each ball into a thick puri. Divide the puri into two portions with a knife.
- Take one portion and fold it over giving it a cone shape. Press the other end on top to stick two ends to each other. Press it lightly.
- Now take the cone, fill it with the mixture and apply little water and seal the sides. Keep it aside.
- Take a deep frying pan and heat the oil. Fry the samosa until golden brown.
- Once it is ready take it out of the pan and drain it on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with Kairi Kanda Chutney.
KAIRI MAKAI DHOKLA
- ½ cup Makai flour
- ¾ cup Rava / semolina
- 2 tbsps Besan
- 1 cup Raw mango puree
- Buttermilk – 1 cup + 1 cup to take mango puree
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic green chilli paste
- Salt – to taste
- 1 ½ tsp Eno fruit salt
INGREDIENTS FOR SEASONING
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Asafetida powder
- 2 tbsp Freshly grated coconut
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- Raw Mangoes Grated
- Grate raw mangoes and blend it with one cup of buttermilk and keep aside.
- Take a bowl add maize powder, ginger garlic green chilli paste, semolina, besan, salt, mango puree and remaining one cup of buttermilk and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Meantime grease a pan to steam the batter.
- If you feel the batter is thick after 30 minutes add some more buttermilk. Should be in idli batter consistency.
- Add a ½ tsps of eno fruit salt with one table spoon of water and mix well it with the above batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and steam immediately for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mean time heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, asafetida powder.
- Allow it to cool and make square pieces and garnish it with seasonings, coriander leaves and grated coconut and grated raw mango
- Mango maize dhokla is ready to serve.
- Serve with coriander chutney or sweet chutney.
Kairi Dryfruit Ghugra
- 1 cup + 1 tbspMaida
- 2½ tbspGhee
- ¾ cupMava( Grated )
- ½ cup Khopra( Grated )
- ½ cup Grated Raw mango
- 1 tspPowdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cashew nuts
- 2 tbspChopped Almonds
- Oil to deep fry
- Combine 1 cup Maida, salt and ghee in a bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Add enough cold water to knead soft dough.
- Rest the dough for half hour
For the stuffing
- Heat a pan and add grated mava to it.
- Stir it continuously without burning. Cook till golden brown.
- Switch off the flame. Let it cool and set again.
- Add kopra, powdered sugar, dry fruits, grated Mango to mava and mix well. Allow it to cool
- Make small balls out of dough and roll into small poories.
- Now, place the stuffing on one half of the rolled dough.
- Stick the sides and make a half moon by sticking the edges.
- make all Ghugraand fry them in hot oil at medium low heat till golden in colour
- Remove onto an absorbent paper and let them cool