Donatella Versace and Dua Lipa present their co-designed ‘La Vacanza’ women’s collection—a celebration of the endless opportunities of creativity, collaboration, friendship, and a full life lived in Versace. This collection marks the first time the iconic fashion house has opened up the design process to a collaborator in this way.
Key themes of the collection include:
– Donatella Versace and Dua Lipa’s shared vision of an absolute modern elegance for ‘La Vacanza’, the Italian for ‘vacation’, presenting the full Versace lifestyle; from perfectly cut tailoring and evening gowns, to bikinis and terry cotton beachwear.
– Inspiration comes from a modern view of the key Versace codes reworked by Donatella Versace and Dua Lipa– The iconic Butterfly & Ladybugs print, originally featured in the Versace Spring-Summer 1995 collection.
– Tailoring layered over swimwear and bralette tops.
– Key accessories in laminated metallic leather—the mini Repeat hobo bag, the stack loafers, and amazing boots.
– Signature Medusa and Greca jewelry animated with hand painted or crystal butterflies and ladybugs.
Like an album available immediately to download after launch, ‘La Vacanza’ is available to purchase immediately after the fashion show as a see-now-buy-now collection inspired by the young people who love Fashion and Music— Donatella Versace and Dua Lipa.
“I love the summer and for me this collection celebrates the very best of that time of year. Gorgeous colors, fun prints, and light silhouettes. This is the perfect summer collection—from lying by the pool in a fun printed bikini, to dressing-up to dance on hot summer evenings in the perfect evening dress—these clothes immediately make me think of my holidays and being in the sun. Dua loves Fashion, I love Music—we are the perfect duo! We had such a good time designing this collection together. We felt like we were on vacation and that is exactly the spirit we want people to feel when they wear our clothes.” — Donatella Versace
“Donatella and I bonded over our shared love of this time of year while making this collection. Digging through the archives we discovered we were drawn to a lot of the same references which was such an inspiring and fulfilling process. La Vacanza ranges from metallic miniskirts and sexy bikinis, to butterfly rings and printed pieces inspired by the Versace SS ’95 collection. There’s always an occasion to wear Versace, and I know I’ll be spending my days (and nights!) in La Vacanza all summer long.” — Dua Lipa
The collection is available to purchase immediately following its fashion show debut at Versace boutiques, and online. A series of pop-ups, bespoke in-store displays, and temporary retail locations, further the availability of the collection worldwide This will include the global cities of Bangkok, Chengdu, Hong Kong, Seoul, and Shanghai, and world-famous vacation destinations including Forte dei Marmi and Mykonos.
Alongside the collection’s fashion show launch, a dedicated image campaign starring Dua Lipa lensed by photographer Carlijn Jacobs is released, showcasing Donatella Versace and Dua Lipa collaboration with Dua living ‘La Vacanza’ lifestyle.