The whole world’s Malayali population takes a week off work to celebrate Onam, the harvest festival. The mythical Vamana Avatar has significance during this time, and the harvest festival is celebrated in his honour. Weeklong festivities include boat races, pookalam, Pulikalj, Vallamkali, Onam Sadya, and Folk Dances. That one is the Sadya. The traditional Onam Sadya, which is served on a banana leaf, consists of 26 different dishes. The tasty spread features red rice, desserts, pickles, curries, and fried vegetables. Here’s a list of recommendations if you want to have sadya in premieum or budget friendly places
- Conrad Bengaluru : Artake in Kerala’s rich culinary heritage and culture this Onam at Caraway Kitchen with flavourful delicacies curated by the Chefs at Conrad Bengaluru. Enjoy an immersive Sadhya experience while you savour the finest delicacies that are authentic, delicious and truly mouth-watering. The Onam Sadhya includes an array of traditional dishes such as, Erissery – pumpkin and red beans cooked with coconut, Avial – vegetables cooked with coarsely ground coconut and yoghurt, Olan, Thoran, Kootu Curry, Payasam, Parippu, Koottukar and Pachadi to name a few. End your meal on a sweet note with a relishing yet traditional, must-try favourite, Ada Pradhaman – made with flattened rice, jaggery and coconut milk custard. Served alongside sweet and savory treats, enjoy the extraordinary culinary feast on August 29that Caraway Kitchen, Conrad Bengaluru. Date – 29th August 2023 , Time- 12:30 pm to 4 pm, INR 1800 plus taxes., For Bookings please contact – +91 8884428234
- Shangri La Bengaluru is excited to present a special culinary celebration of the Onam festival with an exquisite Onam Sadya that would be available at its renowned award-winning Indian restaurant, Ssaffron. Guests can indulge in a traditional feast that pays homage to the rich and diverse flavours of the harvest festival from 25 August to 29 August 2023. Meticulously curated by the culinary team at Ssaffron, this authentic and delectable experience honours Kerala’s culinary heritage while immersing in a dining experience filled with vibrant colours, inviting aromas, and delicate flavours. Served on a traditional banana leaf, the savoury options would feature Kerala-style pickles, Avial – made with mixed vegetables in a coconut-curd preparation, Erissery – a red pumpkin and black Chana cooked in coconut milk and southern spices, Pineapple Pacchadi and more, served with Kerala Rice. The sweet highlights include Palada Pradhaman, Paripu Pradhaman, and the irresistible Kozhikode Halwa. Contact : 80 4512 6100
- Four Seasons Bangalore, CUR8 : Celebrate the essence of Onam with an extraordinary Sadya experience at Four Seasons Bangalore Join us for lunch on August 29th and 30th 2023, surrounded by the warmth of friends and family, and immerse yourself in the enchanting flavours of Kerala through our specially curated selection of over 20+ vegetarian dishes. Prior Reservations only. +91 76191 46004 to book your tables and for more details
- The Leela Palace Bengaluru : Indulge in a captivating voyage through the tapestry of traditions and culinary opulence with the exquisite Onam Sadhya at Jamavar, nestled within the opulent confines of The Leela Palace Bengaluru. This grand culinary affair beckons you to partake in an extraordinary feast, an embodiment of Kerala’s resplendent cultural heritage. Immerse your senses in a symphony of flavours, hues, and textures that transcend the ordinary and elevate the epicurean experience to new heights.Elevate your discerning palate and be enveloped in an ambiance that exudes sophistication, where the convergence of tradition and refinement mirrors the essence of The Leela Palace Bengaluru. Join us in commemorating Kerala’s heritage through its culinary treasures, and in doing so, etch indelible memories of indulgence and grandeur that shall linger long after the feast has ended. Date:August 29, 2023 Time: First Slot – 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM Second Slot – 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM Venue: Jamavar, The Leela Palace Bengaluru Ticket Information: INR 2500 + Taxes per person For reservations, call +91 8951974424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JW Marriott Lavelle Road : Experience the grandeur of the Onam festival with our royal Sadhya feast, meticulously crafted for you at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru.
Taste the tradition! Dates: 28th – 31st August, 2023
For more details and reservations, please contact us on +91 8884494037
Ministry of Food, Hilton : Immersing in the vibrant hues of Onam and savouring a sumptuous feast at #NammaHiltonEGL! From the tantalizing aroma of traditional spices to the intricate decor reminiscent of Kerala’s rich culture, every moment is a celebration of heritage and flavour. Join us as we partake in this grand Onam brunch affair, where every bite tells a story and every dish is a masterpiece.
For reservations, call us on 7353759820, 29th August 2023
- Chef Pillai : Immerse yourself in a world of delectable indulgence at Restaurant Chef Pillai’s Payasam Fest, starting today and savoring every bite until the 30th of August! From velvety Semiya Payasam to delicate Palada Payasam, and the rich nostalgia of Ada Pradhaman, our creations are a symphony of sweetness that dances on your palate. Don’t miss this irresistible celebration of flavors!
- Salt Mangotree Restraunt: Symbolic of King Mahabali’s annual home-coming, this ten-day long festival of Onam brings in the best of festive spirit during this part of the year! At Salt Mango Tree we begin celebrations from August 25th till August 30th and 2nd & 3rd September with a spread of Grand Onam Sadya available for both dine-in and takeaway! For enquiries call 96863 65602 / 98860 37106
10 Fort Cochin: Looking for the best Onam sadhya around Mg road | Indiranagar??
No.10 Fort Cochin have Special Onam sadhya from August 28 th to 31st with 30+ items and also they serves sadhya on a daily basis as well. No 10 Fort Cochin is easily accessible for people around MG road, Church-street, Vasanth Nagar, Indiranagar, Whitefield & nearby areas. For bookings | Reservations | takeaways contact- ST. MARK’S ROAD: 7777876000
100ft. RD INDIRANAGAR: 9083777666
Sidewalk Café , Vembanad, The Paul Bangalore : Celebrate Onam with a Scrumptious Onam Ela Sadya at The Paul Bangalore! Step into the world of traditional flavours and festivities this Onam at Sidewalk Café and Vembanad, The Paul Bangalore! Indulge in the rich heritage of Kerala cuisine with our delectable Onam Sadya that’s sure to leave your taste buds dancing with delight. Sadya Highlights: Date: August 29th, 2023 Time: 12 pm onwards For Reservations: 080 404 777 77 Sadya Dine-in and takeaway: ₹1749+ taxes Payasam Takeaway: ₹999+
Our Onam Sadya spread is a true feast for the senses, featuring a mouth-watering array of traditional dishes that capture the essence of this joyous festival. But that’s not all! You can also take home the essence and sweetness of Onam with our Sadya and Payasam Takeaways.Maveli, Onappattukal, Thiruvathira and other festivities ensure that Onam at the Paul Bangalore is not just a meal time, but an occasion for the whole extended family to come together and celebrate family values. Seats are limited. So, call us early: 08040477777
Stone Street by BHive : Indulge in a grand feast that captures the essence of Onam! Head to Stone Street by BHive on the 29th of August for an exquisite Onam Sadhya. Served on a traditional Banana leaf, the spread includes 30 authentic dishes including authentic delicacies like Sharkara Varatti, Koottu Curry, Inchi Puli, Parippu Pradhaman and more. Experience a symphony of flavours at this sumptuous affair as you savour the unlimited meal to your heart’s content. The Sadya is available between 12 AM to 4 PM and prior reservation is mandatory. When: 29th of August, 2023, Time: 12 PM to 4 PM, Price: Rs. 945
Where: Stone Street by BHive, Garuda BHive Workspace, BTM Layout, Bangalore
Contact Number: 096324 52266
- Moplah’s, Flavours of Malabar: Mark your Calenders for a delectable celebration! On August 29th, immerse yourself in the rich tradition of Onam with our exquisite Sadhya experience. Book your table today to savor the authentic flavors and festive spirit that define this cherished celebration. Don’t miss out on this exceptional feast!