If you love chocolate then brownies are most definitely in your top 5 desserts. There’s something so comforting about a good fudgy chocolate brownie that makes you feel like a kid again. This recipe is particularly special because it’s a small batch, which means you can make it whenever you want without worrying about leftovers, and because it’s made in the air fryer!
The Wonderchef Crimson Edge Compact Air Fryer has been the best sidekick in the quest to create the easiest, quickest and fudgiest brownies ever! The biggest plus point of the air fryer is just how much time you save. While you can definitely make this recipe in an oven, there’s no doubt that it takes longer. You’d think that you’d made a mistake the first time because the brownies were done in ten minutes! That’s the magic of the air fryer! If you’re making food for a small household then an air fryer will definitely come in handy. It barely takes up any space and would have fit comfortably in my dorm room. It’s also versatile enough that you could see yourself making anything from frozen food to fried chicken and of course, brownies!
The Crimson Edge Compact Air Fryer has everything laid out so clearly that even the most novices of cooks would have no problem operating it. Invest in a small cake tin or a silicone mold for your air fryer and you’ll be able to make recipes with wet batters. Wonderchef has a great range of silicone mold’s that you can explore.
This is a small batch recipe, one that would ideally feed 4 people with immense self control. In the interest of making things simple, we’ve made the brownies only with cocoa powder. Sure you can use melted chocolate but I find that you get a pretty spectacular brownie without it as well. Be sure to let your brownies cool completely as this allows for cleaner cuts.
Time 25 minutes
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- Grease and line a 6 inch cake tin. If you’re using a silicone mold you can omit this step.
- Add the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and cocoa powder to a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix well and return to the microwave for another 30 seconds. The butter will be completely melted and the mix will be hot. Whisk well until it cools down slightly.
- Turn your air fryer on and set the temperature to 160c.
- Add the vanilla and salt and whisk well.
- Add a room temperature egg and whisk until the mix becomes glossy.
- Add the flour to the bowl and using a silicone spatula, fold until you don’t see any streaks of flour.
- Transfer the batter to your cake tin or mold and place it in the air fryer.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few crumbs.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Top with salted caramel, chocolate sauce, sprinkles or ice cream and enjoy!